With tournament season just around the corner, it’s time for athletes to kick-up their training and prepare for success in implementing their game plan by putting their skills to the test at the Monticello Academy “Mustang Kick-up” scrimmage. Taekwondo athletes will have the opportunity to spar with others from local schools that are friends of Monticello.
The event will start with an hour of single round matches where athletes can focus on gaining as much ring time as possible. The remaining 2 hours of the event will be scored and will include 3 rounds. We also have a limited number of Daedo chest guards that will also be utilized for some of the matches. If you have Daedo E-Footgear, please bring them to have an opportunity to use the system. If you wish to purchase Daedo E-footgear, you can do so on this site by clicking the “Store” link above.
Scoring for non-Daedo rings will be done by a single judge with a single referee managing the match. Rings that have Daedo electronic scoring will be scored only by the Daedo system with a single referee.
Date: Saturday, January 30, 2016
Check-in/Warm-up Time: 11:30-12:15PM
Event Time: 12:30PM-3:30PM
Location: Monticello Academy, 3345 Lochinvar Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95051
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 11:59PM
The Mustang Kick-up event will be following current World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) rules to help students prepare for their upcoming tournaments and events with some minor changes. Here are a few details to help you prepare for our event:
- Head Contact:
- No head contact for color belts ages 11 and below.
- Light head contact for color belts ages 12 and older.
- Light head contact for black belts of all ages.
- Athlete age is determined by their age at the end of the current calendar year.
- 1 point for valid kicks to the body
- 2 points for valid spinning kicks to the body
- 3 points for valid kicks to the head (for age groups with head contact only)
- 4 points for valid spinning kicks to the head (for age groups with head contact only)
- Points are determined by a single judge and are meant only as a guide to help athletes to measure and assess their progress
- Attire and Protective Gear
- Athletes are required to wear approved WTF closed V-neck uniforms that correspond with the athletes belt, (white, poom, or black v-neck)
- Chest Guard
- Clear or white mouth guard
- Forearm guards
- Shin Guards
- Instep guards (Daedo socks are acceptable)
- Groin protector (male athletes)
- Head gear (white or matching red/blue)
- 11:45AM (referee meeting)
- 12:30PM Matches begin
- 3:30PM Event ends
- Black slacks
- White button-up collared shirt
- Blue tie (provided for you when you arrive)
- Comfortable shoes (white soled if possible)
We hope that you’ll join us in our beneficial event as we embark on this year’s tournament season. Click the link below to register.
Click here to register an athlete
Click here to register a volunteer or referee
Click here to download the Monticello Academy Liability Waiver.
Click here to download the Monticello Academy Photo Release form.
The completed waiver and photo release is required to participate in this event. Please bring it with you on the day of the event.